Author Topic: Trade Advisor Pro  (Read 15339 times)

Offline Pipstar

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Pipstar apprenticePipstar apprenticePipstar apprenticePipstar apprentice
    • Awards
Trade Advisor Pro
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:10:49 am »
Anybody trading using Josh Taylor's Trade Advisor Pro signals(www.TradeAdvisorPro.com) , whether trading manually or automated?

They have a special deal at the moment tradeadvisorpro.com/forex-signals-upgrade

Offline jr689

• Reputation Power: 0
  • jr689 green
    • Awards
Re: Trade Advisor Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
Hi Pipstar, hope all is well.

I'd steer very clear of this mob, and any signal service for that matter. I signed up to their free signals early this year and then opted to go for their pro version as there was a "great" $1 deal, which is what you're referring to no doubt?

Needless to say, his signals are terrible. Claims to have a full team of traders working for him which is doubtful at best.

Funny thing is, is that even when I signed up to the pro version, I'd still receive the "free version" email signals. Basically he'd send out a trade to the "pro" members and then a couple of days later he would send out that same trade to the "free" members for a better entry and/or risk to reward ratio. Meanwhile the entry provided to the pro members would be down 100 pips with a ridiculous risk to reward ratio like 1:1...

Honestly, if he's going to be dodgy the least he could do would be to have good administration in that once a member signs up for pro they are removed from the free signals... Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ay! Mind you I still get his pro/free emails even though I haven't been a paying member for several months now, they are great for a laugh when I see him short a pair that I've been long in for a couple of days haha... Now I know if I'm opposite biased to what he is in a pair, I'm pretty well guaranteed to be killing it haha :)

Any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

jr

Offline Pipstar

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:04:58 am »
Hi Pipstar, hope all is well.

I'd steer very clear of this mob, and any signal service for that matter. I signed up to their free signals early this year and then opted to go for their pro version as there was a "great" $1 deal, which is what you're referring to no doubt?

Needless to say, his signals are terrible. Claims to have a full team of traders working for him which is doubtful at best.

Funny thing is, is that even when I signed up to the pro version, I'd still receive the "free version" email signals. Basically he'd send out a trade to the "pro" members and then a couple of days later he would send out that same trade to the "free" members for a better entry and/or risk to reward ratio. Meanwhile the entry provided to the pro members would be down 100 pips with a ridiculous risk to reward ratio like 1:1...

Honestly, if he's going to be dodgy the least he could do would be to have good administration in that once a member signs up for pro they are removed from the free signals... Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ay! Mind you I still get his pro/free emails even though I haven't been a paying member for several months now, they are great for a laugh when I see him short a pair that I've been long in for a couple of days haha... Now I know if I'm opposite biased to what he is in a pair, I'm pretty well guaranteed to be killing it haha :)

Any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

jr

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline dkmillion

• Reputation Power: 100
  • dkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:59 pm »
Their stats do not look too bad, although not enough history:
http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com/
http://prosignalsdirect.mtrocket.com/

Offline dkmillion

• dkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster gurudkmillion grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:17 pm »
I really cannot find anything wrong so far, currently up 2264 pips in less than a month!
http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com/

Online odysseus11

• Reputation Power: 422
  • odysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guru
  • Trust No One
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »
can anyone comment who has actually used the service?
Odysseus
 http://www.forexsaviour.com
see "trading bio" in my profile for info on discounts/coupons

Offline Pipstar

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:36 pm »

Look at post #2 for former user. Look at the summary with respect to (deposit/withdrawal) + (Profit/Loss) not equal to the (Balance) on http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com.

Online odysseus11

• Reputation Power: 422
  • odysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guruodysseus11 grandmaster guru
  • Trust No One
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:29 pm »
I guess I am trying to reconcile the comments from post #2 with the results from mt4rocket stats site for the last month. They are polar opposites.
Odysseus
 http://www.forexsaviour.com
see "trading bio" in my profile for info on discounts/coupons

Offline dkmillion

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 03:30:06 pm »
I am trying this service for the last 3 days, so far the trades match perfect with my results.  Will see how it goes in the next few weeks.

Offline Gpoint

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Gpoint wet behind the earsGpoint wet behind the ears
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 03:39:44 pm »
Hi Dk.

What do you mean that "the trades match perfect with my results"?

With "the trades" you intend those on their mirrortraderpro account here at http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com/?from=&to=&types=all&pairs=all?

Please explain, thank you.

Gp

I am trying this service for the last 3 days, so far the trades match perfect with my results.  Will see how it goes in the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:02:55 pm by Gpoint »

Offline dkmillion

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:43 pm »
Yes, I get the exact same results as in their Mirrortraderpro stats, but this week it was a bit of a disaster but still up 2024 pips since 10 September, still not even a month...   Let us see what they do next week and if this is sustainable!

Hi Dk.

What do you mean that "the trades match perfect with my results"?

With "the trades" you intend those on their mirrortraderpro account here at http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com/?from=&to=&types=all&pairs=all?

Please explain, thank you.

Gp

Offline jr689

• Reputation Power: 0
  • jr689 green
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »

Look at post #2 for former user. Look at the summary with respect to (deposit/withdrawal) + (Profit/Loss) not equal to the (Balance) on http://mirrortraderpro.mtrocket.com.

Yea these guys were an utter joke, they still spam me with "fantastic" EA's and systems that "pull hundreds of pips from the market on a daily basis"... My advice would be to stay away but I understand ones curiosity to test the waters so to speak.

His trading style from what I could gather was that he use price action. He'd plot the horizontal support and resistance for a range so to speak and then just set pending orders to sell when it hit the resistance at the top of the range, without waiting for confirmation whatsoever. They'd just bank on the fact that this support/resistance was going to hold up and be rejected, where in actual fact they should wait for confirmation of rejection via a bar formation. I actually questioned them on this and their response was rather amateur.

My two cents would be too learn price action, but go that step further (that these guys don't) and learn bar/candle formations. All very very simple stuff and the only thing I find that works. Signal services are for people that are lazy, but in reality if you traded off the daily charts, you don't have to put too much time in on a daily basis to see good results.

Anyway I hope this has cleared some things up again. All the best guys.

jr

Offline flatour

• Reputation Power: 219
  • flatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »
"MirrorTraderPro by Josh"

Worst signal service ever. All trades are only losses. Please see attach... 3 days of trades...! Amazing... I would be rich if I reversed. Never subscribe to it !

And when you ask for a Myfxbook, no way...

Offline b-rock

• Reputation Power: 6
  • b-rock green
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 06:01:17 pm »
I tried these guys out for a month or so in the summer and like the 2 posters above me, I found almost all trades were losers. It was only on a trial basis and they were willing to extend the trial a couple of times, but inevitably, they couldn't win more than they lost.

I also received the same spammy emails about how their trade copying service was nailing pips left and right, so you should "sign up fast," or something to that effect. Meanwhile, as a trial member of the trade copying service, they weren't nailing anything but losses.

Offline dkmillion

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:42 am »
Yes, it all turned around in a total disaster, I agree, they were just "lucky"!!  :(

* Recent Posts

Re: Forex InControl by Eddi Megabot
[Today at 08:33:33 am]

Re: SWING HUNTER + STEAM by peterv1
[Today at 08:05:08 am]

Re: FXtradeweb by gmoney3
[Today at 07:26:39 am]

SWING HUNTER + STEAM by linrod
[Today at 07:16:15 am]

Re: Pepperstone Razor ECN Account by Peter Anderson
[Today at 07:05:08 am]

Re: Forex Envy by goodexp
[Today at 07:04:30 am]

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter... (we do not send out those spammy email ads, I promise!)