Author Topic: Erios Earner Ea  (Read 29606 times)

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Trader Recruiter - PM me if you want to commercialize your trading
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • ForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guru
  • Trading Forex to Financial Freedom
  • Awards DonnaForex Basic Award
    • Awards
Re: Erios Earner Ea
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »
The TP's look bigger now, has there been any adjustment to the strategy?

There hasn't been a material change. The market has just been a little more generous.

The only thing we have changed with the strategy is that it is now FIFO compliant to allow US traders to participate.
FX Viper - Professional Trader - $12mil Personal Fortune

Follow Now - www.ForexSignals.com

Offline fxbabe

• Reputation Power: 119
  • fxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:28 am »

There hasn't been a material change. The market has just been a little more generous.

If statistic is correct, we are probably due for another 300 pips lost.  Am I safe to say, it is not a matter of if but when...?

Offline ForexSignals.com

• ForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guruForexSignals.com grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 06:51:01 am »

If statistic is correct, we are probably due for another 300 pips lost.  Am I safe to say, it is not a matter of if but when...?

Yes, its definitely possible. But not likely to happen frequently. The difference on the new settings is that a 300 pip drawdown is now a much smaller proportion of account size.

Also please keep in mind that if the lot sizing (and risk) had remained at the original level the EA would have recovered the heavy draw down from last week with additional profits on top.

And that is in the space of only 6 days.

Offline fxbabe

• fxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster gurufxbabe grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 07:08:58 am »

Yes, its definitely possible. But not likely to happen frequently. The difference on the new settings is that a 300 pip drawdown is now a much smaller proportion of account size.

Also please keep in mind that if the lot sizing (and risk) had remained at the original level the EA would have recovered the heavy draw down from last week with additional profits on top.

And that is in the space of only 6 days.

Kind of disagree with what you describe may be because I don't have the backtest to judge this EA.  In fact, what I see is this EA give back as fast as it made profit.  I am now waiting for the next big lost to come because I know this EA had done it once and will do it again. 

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 08:21:22 am »
Do you understand the difference in lot sizing?

The 50% draw down that we experienced would be roughly 15% if it happened on the current settings.

Offline bearnakedbull

• Reputation Power: 129
  • bearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster guru
  • Be afraid, very afraid!
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »
Do you understand the difference in lot sizing?

The 50% draw down that we experienced would be roughly 15% if it happened on the current settings.
I think FXBabes comments stand true, it doesn't matter if you lower the risk in the sense that the EA is capable of giving back the gains very quickly whether that be 10% or 80% monthly returns. Yes the DD is smaller now but then the gains come slower and the losses are smaller but the way it works is that a good basket of losses wipe out many trading days and that remains the same, it is relative. I strongly believe that a major news filter and no weekend trades would be a good addition.
Regards, bnb

Offline pipmenow

• Reputation Power: 104
  • pipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster gurupipmenow grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »

What I can confirm however is that people are making good money trading forex, but they are using their own manual, or semi-auto system.

Nick McDonald

LOL.

You have good intentions, but show me one of those successful people making good money in forex, who is willing to share their success.
Grid "born and bred".

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:02 am »

What I can confirm however is that people are making good money trading forex, but they are using their own manual, or semi-auto system.

Nick McDonald

LOL.

You have good intentions, but show me one of those successful people making good money in forex, who is willing to share their success.

You would be surprised, there are actually a number traders that enjoy contributing to a signal service and getting involved with the average trader. I'm constantly searching across the web to find people that fit this mould.

You are right  that there aren't a huge number (probably 4 out of 5 traders aren't interested)

Please give me a few months to build up some history with a few traders that I'm dealing with at the moment and I will be able to show you what I mean.

Offline fxbabe

• Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 01:58:01 am »
Hi, Nick,

I have attached a snapshot of 3 GU trades.  Could you elaborate a little on what is the max number of trades can open at any given time?  I thought this is not a grid EA but why 3 GU trades I am seeing here.  What make it even worst is it opened around the same price with no price advantage.  This is really a surprise for unnecessary exposure which if all 3 hit SL, how are we expected to handle this kind of dd.

Offline bearnakedbull

• bearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster gurubearnakedbull grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 02:03:46 am »
I was also wondering about them 3 cable trades.
Regards, bnb

Offline adeptus

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • adeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced traderadeptus experienced trader
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 02:20:55 am »
Me too. We've just suffered a heavy blow with too many correlated trades open at the same time, now we've got even more trades open, three of which in the same pair. Shouldn't this have been sorted out by now?

Offline bearnakedbull

• Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 03:09:52 am »
Now you know why my motto is, "Be afraid, very afraid!"
Regards, bnb

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 03:17:27 am »
Each pair has the ability to open a maximum of 3 trades. (0.01, 0.02 and 0.02 on the master account)

The decision to open the additional trades isn't based on a grid system, it is a symptom of additional, stronger signals being recieved.

I appreciate your concern about the potential loss if all trades hit the SL, however most trades are closed well inside the emergency stop range.

Now... I know what you're thinking. (He said most, but what if they all hit the SL???)

All I can say is that this system has shown the ability to generate strong consistent profits on the backtests. These additional trades are what makes the EA work as well as it does. If you are really worried then perhaps try trading only a couple of the less correlated pairs.

Or just keep an eye on the forward test until you're comfortable with the trading style and performance.

If this is a great EA, (as Erio and I hope it is), then it will still make money 3 months from now. So don't feel like you're going to miss out.

Offline fxbabe

• Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 03:41:17 am »

If you are really worried then perhaps try trading only a couple of the less correlated pairs.

Ok, can you tell us which pair to keep out of the six pairs AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GPB/JPY, GPB/USD, USD/CAD and USD/JPY?

Offline ForexSignals.com

• Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 03:48:11 am »

If you are really worried then perhaps try trading only a couple of the less correlated pairs.

Ok, can you tell us which pair to keep out of the six pairs AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GPB/JPY, GPB/USD, USD/CAD and USD/JPY?

I'm personally still trading all pairs on my account (I have a $2k personal account that I am trading) and don't necessarily think that you should drop any.

If you want to check out the performance of each pair then go to

http://www.mt4i.com/users/erio/stats

Click on stats/symbol and you will see the performance of each pair. Right now EU has been responsible for the bulk of the losses, the logic behind leaving it included is that it diversifies the EA.

Erio expects the EU to pick up at some stage, however one of the other pairs may suffer in the meantime.

* Recent Posts

Re: Drive Gold by forexfish
[Today at 04:52:41 pm]

Re: FX Monetizer by forexfish
[Today at 04:49:31 pm]

Re: FX Monetizer by corre971
[Today at 04:34:47 pm]

Re: FX Monetizer by donbon2
[Today at 04:31:11 pm]

Re: FX Quick Route systems and tools by vnives11
[Today at 04:24:51 pm]

Re: PowerFlow EA - by Alexander Collins / Forex21 by corre971
[Today at 04:18:24 pm]

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter... (we do not send out those spammy email ads, I promise!)