Author Topic: IC MARKETS  (Read 222283 times)

Offline Tempestshade

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Tempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guru
    • Awards
Re: IC MARKETS
« Reply #1260 on: February 13, 2013, 10:23:00 pm »
I missed two RobinVOL trades today and one RayScalper trade with ICM -
On my Pepperstone account they closed for 43+40+40=

+123pips missed  >:(

Any idea contacting support about this?
Where can I find the logfiles? I cant see the disconnect status historical anywhere.

Does anyone know if brokers ever give credit in these situations?

Thanks,
Rod

Hey Rod,

I am not with IC Markets, nor have I ever tried to get reimbursed for missed trades but the worst they can say is no. With all of their problems they have been happening lately I am sure the threat to leave would seem valid to them (even if you have no plans to do such a thing).

My two cents,
David
Darwinex is my preferred broker - https://www.darwinex.com/register/Tempestshade

Offline FXpublish

• Reputation Power: 2
  • FXpublish green
  • FXpublish.com - be inside
    • Awards
« Reply #1261 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
I missed two RobinVOL trades today and one RayScalper trade with ICM -
On my Pepperstone account they closed for 43+40+40=

+123pips missed  >:(

Any idea contacting support about this?
Where can I find the logfiles? I cant see the disconnect status historical anywhere.

I think the best way
- to ask the Trading Desk about your logs into MT Server and servers' logs of their ECN solution. They have to provide it without any NDA.
- to provide them your log-file from your MT4. Basically, you can find it:
C:\MetaTrader 4 - IC Markets\logs    and don't forget to choose the appropriate date
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:57:55 pm by FXpublish »
http://FXpublish.com - be inside.
The habit of persistence, the habit of victory!

Offline robl45

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 704
  • robl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1262 on: February 13, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »
Well, they're not a bucket shop I mean.  They're regulated etc.  But I mean I still don't trust them with a significant amount of money because the way Angus behaves towards his clients.
Definetly, go alone! Agreed 100%.
1) I have never found so slow support with huge numbers of question related to the you verification. I think that they work only 9am-15am GMT+11.
2) about execution:
-I've heard that they use Integral solution and their feed. So I don't think so it's a good way to find best ECN broker.
-also I found that they execute limit orders only at the placed price of order or worse/ with negative slippage. I think it's the same case such FXDD had in US.
3) Now I'm waiting for my withdrawals/ all funds via Moneybookers.
Pretty shi*** and slowly((( waiting since Monday

you are full of crap, you heard your a liar and thats a fact.  My limit orders 90% of the time are dead on or positive slippage.  I doubt you even know what a limit order is.

Offline geektrader

• Reputation Power: 132
  • geektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1263 on: February 14, 2013, 01:23:14 am »
Limit orders per definition can never be slipped negative. They can either be executed at exactly the price you´ve requested, with positive slippage, or can go unfilled too if the broker could not have filled it without slippage. But negative slippage on a limit order can never occur. The worst that can happen is that the order is not executed at all then.

Maybe you were talking about STOP orders? That would be a total different case.

Offline timo

• Reputation Power: 11
  • timo wet behind the earstimo wet behind the ears
    • Awards
« Reply #1264 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:59 am »
Donna - what is the policy around the Grade A Broker listing requirements?

i.e. is there any obligation for an ICM rep to answer these complaints for them to retain their A Grade forum status? Seems to be a few very serious complaints, regarding misrepresentation (PAMMs) and slippage issues.

I'm looking to change brokers myself and I'm now more than a little wary of these guys, when they used to be regarded highly in this forum.

Offline Tempestshade

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Tempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guruTempestshade grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1265 on: February 14, 2013, 01:34:35 am »
Donna - what is the policy around the Grade A Broker listing requirements?

i.e. is there any obligation for an ICM rep to answer these complaints for them to retain their A Grade forum status? Seems to be a few very serious complaints, regarding misrepresentation (PAMMs) and slippage issues.

I'm looking to change brokers myself and I'm now more than a little wary of these guys, when they used to be regarded highly in this forum.

I would guess that as soon as they get their feed and slippage issues sorted out they will be loved by all again. Although in the meantime if you are tick scalping I would highly suggest that you postpone trading until everything is settled.

David
Darwinex is my preferred broker - https://www.darwinex.com/register/Tempestshade

Offline timo

• Reputation Power: 11
  • timo wet behind the earstimo wet behind the ears
    • Awards
« Reply #1266 on: February 14, 2013, 01:52:33 am »
I would guess that as soon as they get their feed and slippage issues sorted out they will be loved by all again. Although in the meantime if you are tick scalping I would highly suggest that you postpone trading until everything is settled.
David

Good advice. Still it was worrying to hear that Robin Vol was having missed trades here. That's hardly a tick scalper lol.

Can anyone recommend a reliable ECN AU brokerage for a non-scalping account? Did Pepper ever recover from that connection feed mess last year?

Offline robl45

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 704
  • robl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster gururobl45 grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1267 on: February 14, 2013, 02:19:38 am »
Limit orders per definition can never be slipped negative. They can either be executed at exactly the price you´ve requested, with positive slippage, or can go unfilled too if the broker could not have filled it without slippage. But negative slippage on a limit order can never occur. The worst that can happen is that the order is not executed at all then.

Maybe you were talking about STOP orders? That would be a total different case.

By definition yes, but in forex, they certainly slip, but it's been better at icmarkets then other places

Offline timetotrade

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 230
  • timetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster gurutimetotrade grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1268 on: February 14, 2013, 02:44:44 am »
Yeah gomarketsaus, i have not had any problems with them and been with them for about 5 years. Always zero slippage, gurantee no requotes and no missed trades. IC are not a good broker, if you want reliabilty, then gomarketsaus are the best one out there, especially for robots like robin vol.

David

Good advice. Still it was worrying to hear that Robin Vol was having missed trades here. That's hardly a tick scalper lol.

Can anyone recommend a reliable ECN AU brokerage for a non-scalping account? Did Pepper ever recover from that connection feed mess last year?

Offline adele

• Reputation Power: 222
  • adele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guruadele grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1269 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59:35 am »
Yeah gomarketsaus, i have not had any problems with them and been with them for about 5 years. Always zero slippage, gurantee no requotes and no missed trades. IC are not a good broker, if you want reliabilty, then gomarketsaus are the best one out there, especially for robots like robin vol.

Watch out for delayed trade execution if you are making profits with GoMarkets. In the end, my trades were taking 9+ seconds each time. I have since closed the account.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:01:53 am by adele »

Offline geektrader

• Reputation Power: 132
  • geektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster gurugeektrader grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1270 on: February 14, 2013, 05:23:34 am »

Watch out for delayed trade execution if you are making profits with GoMarkets. In the end, my trades were taking 9+ seconds each time. I have since closed the account.

Ditto here. Go Markets has seriously slow execution and slippage does exist as well there in the bigger ranges - just try a stop order and you´ll see at which price you get filled compared to the price you want to get in with the stop order. Additionally the spreads are pretty steep for 2013 were you get 0.3 pips average + 0.5 pips commission at other brokers on EURUSD, they charge 1.6 to 1.9 pips on EURUSD (without commission, but that´s still about 1 pip more per trade than with others + the slippage and slow execution). Apart from that they are friendly, hast fast support and stable servers and withdrawals have been on time always. Good for non news trading and longer term systems.

Offline muzzamcc

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 245
  • muzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster gurumuzzamcc grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1271 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:12 am »
David

Axitrader PRO accounts would probably be the pick of all the aussie brokers IMO, with IC second given the recent feed disconnects and slippage. I would not trade with GO Markets as i see better options available now, they used to be good but other brokers have moved past them now, in terms of slippage, spreads, and order execution speed. Pepperstone still suffer from disconnections from what I read as well. I trade with Axi and RobinVOL has been great there, no issues to speak of and very little slippage trading RobinVOL, and no disconnections from Axi for many months either. Hope that helps

Offline biouscope

• Dukascopy, Vantagefx uk, Axi trader, PFD, Hantecfx, Finfx, Forex.com, Alpari USA, Ibfx and many more. http://www.forexreward.org/
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • biouscope green
    • Awards
« Reply #1272 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:43 am »
I was looking for a regulated broker who offer PAMM/MAM account. I decided to go with ICMarkets as they are offering tight spread. I was communicating with them for over a month through email, I ask them what was the requirements for opening MAM account. They asked me how much I can deposit and I said initially 15K, they sent me required documents and ask to continue the process. They sent me my master account details and confirmed I can start once my 1st client deposits.

I was communicating with a person named Angus Walker (a.walker@icmarkets.com.au). It seems like he is the only person dealing with managed account service. I sent him all required documents signed in and all formality was completed. So far things were fine until I withdrawn fund from my current broker to deposit ICMarket.  I contacted Angus stated that my fund is ready to deposit including my clients fund, but did not get any response from him. After waiting a couple of days and contacting multiple times with their live chat, their chat support sometimes says Angus is on vacation, sometimes said he is in a meeting. So on 11th Feb 2013 I told the chat support its urgent and I need to speak to him. Finally he called me over the phone, but with a higher requirement of 20K initial deposit and at least 5 clients. I told him why he did not mention anything about the requirements on email as I was communicating with him over a month, he replied he was sure he mentioned that on email and its non-negotiable. I have attached the full email conversation with Angus as proof as he did not mention anything about 20K initial deposit and 5 clients.

ICMarkets is full of lies and lack of commitment. Once they realized that I have withdrawn money from my existing broker and most likely to deposit with them, they are trying to force me to deposit 20K instead of 15K initially and bring 5 clients. Me and my clients fund were sitting idle for a week due to their misleading communication and cheating.

Thanks

Yes, I can officially confirm that Angus Walker is an a$$hole.  He did basically the same thing with the BearBull Forex Envy PAMM.  $1.2M we transferred there based on agreements made and as soon as they had our funds in their hands Angus started playing games, changing conditions, imposing new restrictions, etc. etc.  We didn't play his games, we all withdrew and went to a broker who was serious.  This guy is a real piece of work.  ICM has great spreads, but it's the people there I do not trust. ASIC or not, this guy is a scumbag.

I apologies to my clients for referring ICM as a reliable, honest broker.  Im confident that this situation will not happen with my other partner brokers in future.
I tried my level best to solve this issue and arrange MAM for my client. After sending several emails i tried with there live chat.  I asked for the reason why they don't inform him before he withdrawn the fund from his current broker they didnt ans to that  at all and when i ask several times through there live chat option they blocked my ip for chating.  i upload the picture of that also.
I want to inform my valuable client that we already removed ICM from our reputed broker list.
Forexreward.org: Forex rebate provider. Partner with more than 40 industry leading regulated brokers.

Offline FXpublish

• Reputation Power: 2
  • FXpublish green
  • FXpublish.com - be inside
    • Awards
« Reply #1273 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:31 am »
Well, they're not a bucket shop I mean.  They're regulated etc.  But I mean I still don't trust them with a significant amount of money because the way Angus behaves towards his clients.

Definetly, go alone! Agreed 100%.
1) I have never found so slow support with huge numbers of question related to the you verification. I think that they work only 9am-15am GMT+11.
2) about execution:
-I've heard that they use Integral solution and their feed. So I don't think so it's a good way to find best ECN broker.
-also I found that they execute limit orders only at the placed price of order or worse/ with negative slippage. I think it's the same case such FXDD had in US.
3) Now I'm waiting for my withdrawals/ all funds via Moneybookers.
Pretty shi*** and slowly((( waiting since Monday

you are full of crap, you heard your a liar and thats a fact.  My limit orders 90% of the time are dead on or positive slippage.  I doubt you even know what a limit order is.

First of all, don't be as a  fully ash*le.

1)It's true. A lot of serious companies use this strategy to make a profit from the customers. It's possibility of MT plugin, which is used to connect the MT4 and Bridge/Aggregator solution even if it's from Integral.
See cases from NFA - National Futures Assosiations.
http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Case.aspx?entityid=0397435&case=12BCC00021&contrib=NFA
http://fxpublish.com/nfa-punished-fxdd-due-to-fxdd-slippage-configuration
2)I've experienced such issue not so often, but several times. The numbers of negative slippage depend on the volume, which is traded. If there is a huge traded  volume, there is a high capability of negative slippage. I know the guys who had some issues also.
I closed the accounts (today I received the all money).
3)also note, that limit orders should never be with the negative slippage (only positive or at declared price). A lot of brokers use the solutions from BTPrime, PrimeXM, Integral etc such as White Label. I think the ICMarkets goes on the same way. So the main features of that FX solutions were a lot of bugs, and capability of negative slippage for limit order.

Thank you for attention. I'm just trying to share me experience with ICMarkets, coz it's quite compliacated to choose the transparent broker even is it's regulated FX company.

TO rob45 : don't take it personal
http://FXpublish.com - be inside.
The habit of persistence, the habit of victory!

Online Surrealistik

• Reputation Power: 118
  • Surrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guruSurrealistik grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #1274 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:32 am »
I apologies to my clients for referring ICM as a reliable, honest broker.  Im confident that this situation will not happen with my other partner brokers in future.
I tried my level best to solve this issue and arrange MAM for my client. After sending several emails i tried with there live chat.  I asked for the reason why they don't inform him before he withdrawn the fund from his current broker they didnt ans to that  at all and when i ask several times through there live chat option they blocked my ip for chating.  i upload the picture of that also.
I want to inform my valuable client that we already removed ICM from our reputed broker list.

Everything else aside, I can't help but point out the irony of the fact that you remain an affiliate of InstaForex which is a notoriously poor/scam broker.

On a more relevant note though, I am starting to lose faith and confidence in ICM at this rate; they'd better get things fixed soon.
IC Markets & Global Prime; $1.50 / RTL commission discounts for the 2 best brokers (rebate links are to the left in the Bio):

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Surrealistik

* Recent Posts

Re: Fx-Bit by corre971
[Today at 06:07:21 am]

Re: Watch me Turn $30k into $300k! by ForexSignals.com
[Today at 05:17:51 am]

Re: FX Quick Route systems and tools by Bystrak23
[Today at 04:36:37 am]

Re: Forex basics: How do you manage losses? by Bigsteve
[Today at 01:52:24 am]

Re: Forex basics: How do you manage losses? by AtlantaSean
[Today at 01:41:08 am]

Re: Fx Bringer by JackNeek
[October 01, 2014, 11:54:34 pm]

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter... (we do not send out those spammy email ads, I promise!)