Author Topic: BeeksFX VPS  (Read 45972 times)

Offline jubal

• Reputation Power: 237
  • jubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster guru
    • Awards
Re: BeeksFX VPS
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »
Hi Gordon, maybe the information I need is in this thread somewhere but I'll ask anyway, I believe there is a deal where I get free VPS through yourselves if I use synergy FX as broker. Can you give me more info on this or at least point me in the right direction.
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.... then you have probably underestimated the seriousness of the situation

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • gordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks guru
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
Hi Jubal......yes if you have a $5k deposit synergy will pay for your VPS ...drop me a note and i can point you in right direction

remember latency between beeks and synergy is 1 m/s!

gordon@beeksfx.com

Hi Gordon, maybe the information I need is in this thread somewhere but I'll ask anyway, I believe there is a deal where I get free VPS through yourselves if I use synergy FX as broker. Can you give me more info on this or at least point me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:19:02 am by gordon@beeks »

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 400
  • donnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster gurudonnaforex grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »

.... and get Aslan rebates as well as a free VPS ;) (just saying, it's what i'll be doing for 2012!) http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4864.0

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
  • gordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks gurugordon@beeks guru
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 07:59:38 pm »
 :)

you beat me to it!

.... and get Aslan rebates as well as a free VPS ;) (just saying, it's what i'll be doing for 2012!) http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4864.0

Offline jubal

• Reputation Power: 237
  • jubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster gurujubal grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »

you beat me to it!

Excellent, I'll contact you over weekend Gordon and see about getting set up in New Year
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.... then you have probably underestimated the seriousness of the situation

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:11 pm »
no problem....we will be around all weekend...look forward to welcoming you on board!

you beat me to it!

Excellent, I'll contact you over weekend Gordon and see about getting set up in New Year

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 02:28:32 pm »
folks i wanted to give an update on some events at beeks before we go into 2012.

our NY set up is going through final testing, we have now included the ability to have a dedicated IBM server in our racks starting at roughly 150 per month for a decent machine (worth thinking about if you have a few VPS already or trade a decent sized account), we are also now providing Win 2008 VPS capability as well as 2003.

NY users will have a direct fibre connection to Pepperstone with latency of about half a millisecond and just as importantly the trade will go down a dedicated line so no reliance on third party ISP's etc, even if there is internet issues in NY your trades will still go through, for MDP or any other scalping EA traders you will also be first to the liquidity as we are many times faster than any other VPS provider.....this is effectively an institutional set up for retail traders....the first wave of release will be offered stricrly to Aslan clients soon....see the ping below

PING 10.10.10.4 (10.10.10.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=0.593 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=0.626 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=0.558 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=4 ttl=255 time=0.543 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=5 ttl=255 time=0.582 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=6 ttl=255 time=0.523 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=7 ttl=255 time=0.510 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=8 ttl=255 time=0.552 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=9 ttl=255 time=0.625 ms
64 bytes from 10.10.10.4: icmp_seq=10 ttl=255 time=0.563 ms

We hope 2012 will be a break through year for Beeks and we are having many interesting and exciting conversations with some of the biggest brokers in the world about working together (although we are being strict on who we will deal with).

Our team is also expanding and we have some job offers out with some really experienced technical staff who have worked with large banks around low latency trading systems

please look out for more announcements in Jan.

wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2012 from all at Beeks

Gordon
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:02:45 pm by gordon@beeks »

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »
hi so bronze is a powerful vps for entry level it will handle 2 or 3 mt4's......the question is more relevant on what ea's you are running and how many RAM some can eat your resources some are fairly skinny.......as a guide you should have 20% of your RAM always free ...if you are maxing it out you need to upgrade.

re think forex...dont know, will need to look drop me a note if you have the new ip

Hi all. I hope that you are already recovered from the new year's eve party. :)

I have a couple of questions for the beggining of the new year.

How many MT4 platforms can I run on the bronze package?

What is the current response time for Thinkforex servers now after they have been moved?

Thx

L.

Online Jake

• Reputation Power: 48
  • Jake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert trader
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 11:48:51 pm »
Hi, Gordon,

I would like to try your New York VPS before I move on to the London one ( I will wait till see how SynergyFX works for people given the latest issues before starting an account with them).  However, I already have a Pepperstone account, and your New York VPS is of interest.  You say it will be offered to Asian countries first.  When will it be available to all comers?  Happy New Year.

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2012, 11:56:21 pm »
hi.....it is not getting released to asian countries first.....to aslan customers!

see many of the threads for aslan...they are an ib.

drop me a note and i can put you on the list for NY!

Hi, Gordon,

I would like to try your New York VPS before I move on to the London one ( I will wait till see how SynergyFX works for people given the latest issues before starting an account with them).  However, I already have a Pepperstone account, and your New York VPS is of interest.  You say it will be offered to Asian countries first.  When will it be available to all comers?  Happy New Year.

Online Jake

• Jake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert traderJake expert trader
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:50 am »
Oh, of course.  A moment of stupidity on my part.  I used Aslan to join up with Pepperstone.  That "l" often looks like an "i" if I forget the context.  I will send you a PM to get on the list for NY.  Best wishes.

Online Jake

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:05 am »
Hi, Gordon,

Any update on delivery time for the New York VPS?  I hope all is going well, and you guys aren't rushing things, but just trying to schedule my setting up for the new year's trading.

Best wishes. 

Online Josef

• No custom title :)
  • Reputation Power: 340
  • Josef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guruJosef grandmaster guru
  • (((( ↓ ))))
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »
Gordon, i think about to open a new trading account with Synergy and need solid VPS. Could you ping the Synergy live server for me and post the results here?

I guess it would be also interesting for other forum members.

Thank you in advance!

Josef

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 11:01:55 pm »
pings now blocked from live server....let me speak to them and get a trace troute posted.

bear with me gents!

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:42 am »
also anyone who has been waiting on london VPS....new servers are now live so backlog will be getting cleared tomorrow....apologies for those who had to wait

* Recent Posts

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter... (we do not send out those spammy email ads, I promise!)