Author Topic: BeeksFX VPS  (Read 65397 times)

Offline FXJester

• Reputation Power: 41
  • FXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all traderFXJester know it all trader
  • I blame Tommy Flowers
    • Awards
Re: BeeksFX VPS
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:06 am »
fxjester....you need to talk to pepperstone about this......we are merely reacting, as i said the old x-connect is no going away tomorrow, it is here for another 2 months and if needed longer we will of course extend it.

as long as there is a critical mass of users on it it will be there...however if pepperstone move everyone to edge then of course there is no point having it.

as i say best people to ask is pepperstone what there plans are regarding edge against old platform.......if i were a betting man i would guess any broker does not want to pay for two platforms forever.....however only they can answer that.

feel free to email me directly......gordon@beeksfx.com

Gordon

When I signed up for 12 months (5 months ago), it was on the premise that there would be a x-connect to my broker account for that 12 months.  I don't really want to move over to the edge account yet because it is still having issues.  Am I really the last person with a standard razor account - surely not.

I received a reply from pep.  They said there is no cut off date where the everyone will be moved to the new servers.  They did say that over the next few months the liquidity on the old servers will reduce and so the spreads will widen. 

I guess I will consider moving when that happens.

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • gordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master guru
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:14 am »
interesting...i will speak to owen.

thanks

G

fxjester....you need to talk to pepperstone about this......we are merely reacting, as i said the old x-connect is no going away tomorrow, it is here for another 2 months and if needed longer we will of course extend it.

as long as there is a critical mass of users on it it will be there...however if pepperstone move everyone to edge then of course there is no point having it.

as i say best people to ask is pepperstone what there plans are regarding edge against old platform.......if i were a betting man i would guess any broker does not want to pay for two platforms forever.....however only they can answer that.

feel free to email me directly......gordon@beeksfx.com

Gordon

When I signed up for 12 months (5 months ago), it was on the premise that there would be a x-connect to my broker account for that 12 months.  I don't really want to move over to the edge account yet because it is still having issues.  Am I really the last person with a standard razor account - surely not.

I received a reply from pep.  They said there is no cut off date where the everyone will be moved to the new servers.  They did say that over the next few months the liquidity on the old servers will reduce and so the spreads will widen. 

I guess I will consider moving when that happens.

Offline biedermeier

• RobinVOL
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • biedermeier graduated newbiebiedermeier graduated newbiebiedermeier graduated newbiebiedermeier graduated newbiebiedermeier graduated newbie
    • Awards
BeeksFX VPS
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »
Just so I understand what I need to do.
I am currently a razor customer and a Beeks customer.
If I switch to Edge what do I need to do on my VPS and/or my pepperstone client?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
  • gordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master gurugordon@beeks master guru
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
hi biedermeier...if and when you need edge let us know we need to add a bit of config, and you use the normal edge ip address......you can have multiple x-connects, they all co-exist it is a fairly painless process......let us know via ticket or email if you move over to edge

G

Just so I understand what I need to do.
I am currently a razor customer and a Beeks customer.
If I switch to Edge what do I need to do on my VPS and/or my pepperstone client?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline leogio71

• Reputation Power: 2
  • leogio71 green
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2012, 07:40:29 am »
A question for Mr. Gordon:
I work with pepperstone and thinkforex and am currently working with a vps where I work 3 platforms metatrader pepperstone (razor and standard, no edge) and a thinkforex.
If I wanted to spend with your service, I was told in chat on your site that I have to buy two vps one for London (thinkforex) one for New York (pepperstone), but honestly pay two vps too, that you can 'do? ?

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:20 am »
legio.

so it depends what kind of ea's you are trading...the reason someone would have told you the ideal solution is 2 vps is you have a UK broker and a USA broker.

so if you trade both on a single VPS then you will have aorund 70 m/s latency to one of your brokers.......that may be fine if you are nou using scalping or latency sensitive ea's.

other option is pick to brokers in the same location and you only require a single VPS

Hope this helps

Gordon

A question for Mr. Gordon:
I work with pepperstone and thinkforex and am currently working with a vps where I work 3 platforms metatrader pepperstone (razor and standard, no edge) and a thinkforex.
If I wanted to spend with your service, I was told in chat on your site that I have to buy two vps one for London (thinkforex) one for New York (pepperstone), but honestly pay two vps too, that you can 'do? ?

Offline romeno82

• Reputation Power: 1
  • romeno82 green
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »
im very satisfied with their service, they do everything to provide you a good vps.. recomended

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
Network testing
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »
thanks romeno always nice to get good feedback!

folks.....testing season continues, we are doing our quarterly network test tonight after market closes in NY.

ususal tests of all possible failures....so it is likely that there will be a few minutes of loss of connections to vps's for 3-4 minutes while routing converges once we take the primary ISP down and the back up kicks in.

work is scheduled to start 30 minutes after market closes, a broadcast has gone out to suscribers.

any questions you know where we are!

Gordon

Offline bismillahwd

• Reputation Power: 24
  • bismillahwd apprenticebismillahwd apprenticebismillahwd apprenticebismillahwd apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2012, 07:53:11 am »
Hi BeeksFX Gordon

My broker is Pepperstone Edge now,
How is the procedure to get beeks vps the Cross connect to Pepperstone Edge for fastest latency?
and how is the pricing?
is there some special promotion code for pricing?

Please Advice

Thanks

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:55 am »
hi bismillahwd,

you can get the x-connected vps by going to our site and simply sigining up select pepperstone as the broker on sign up and the vps is x-connected when built.

as for special pricing?...the price of this x-connect is quite honestly ridiculous...so we should be charging more rather than giving a discount......at the moment we are not, that may change one day.

look forward to having you on board

Regards

Gordon

Hi BeeksFX Gordon

My broker is Pepperstone Edge now,
How is the procedure to get beeks vps the Cross connect to Pepperstone Edge for fastest latency?
and how is the pricing?
is there some special promotion code for pricing?

Please Advice

Thanks

Offline flatour

• Reputation Power: 219
  • flatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2012, 08:49:32 am »
Hello,
I may switch from CNS to Beeks, if cheaper... Or if more ressources for same prices. Because my current CNS value is heavy loaded with about 3 mt4 and 10-20 charts in each.

But on Beeks website can't see on their website the processor (brand, mhz and core) they use in their plan.

How can I compare without this info?

Did someone already compare CNS plans and Beeks plans?

I may also go to NJ and not NY as it seems much more value there... And I don't use tick scalpers.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:51:06 am by flatour »

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2012, 10:24:46 pm »
flatour...we have lots of different cpu's, as we buy the latest and greatest every time we buy a node so not possible to put on site, current ones we are buying are 3.47 ghz and we always buy intel....if you have a specific question drop me a note.

for those that are interested FXPIG x-connect now in and pinging (a little more routing work to do but nearly there, maybe ready by end of weekend)

0.4 m/s.

lots more news in next few weeks to announce :-)

g

Offline flatour

• flatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guruflatour grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2012, 07:57:58 am »
Gordon,
- how can I compare offers between you and CNS, especially about CPU?
- Are you as close to NY4 as CNS?
Thanks

Offline gordon@beeks

• gordon@beeksfx.com
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:22 am »
flatour, i cannot compare us to CNS, i dont know what they run, i would suggest similar, if you have a vps then it is simple to check.

re NY4....erm we are in NY4 have been for a year now, we have multiple deidcated racks in there with our own network...this is the basis for all our x-connect work...so dont think we could get much closer!

Gordon,
- how can I compare offers between you and CNS, especially about CPU?
- Are you as close to NY4 as CNS?
Thanks

Offline flatour

• Awards
« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2012, 10:00:37 am »
Ok, thanks.
So when CNS is on net on NY, you are too (because same datacenter?). I mean you should have the exact same latency to brokers as them?

It is a pity that processors/performance (not the ram, the HD...) cannot be compared...

* Recent Posts

Re: Easy Forex (ezefx.com) by dutchie
[Today at 09:04:59 am]

Re: Sleep well strategy with ultra LOW maintenance by tcc97
[Today at 06:42:57 am]

Re: RayScalper by mikepipmaker
[Today at 04:29:59 am]

Re: Global Prime by jemook
[Today at 02:52:35 am]

Re: FXTM by johnfx5
[Today at 02:31:46 am]

Re: Global Prime by DrNoob
[December 21, 2014, 09:45:53 pm]

Weekly Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter now to receive urgent site updates and hot topic profiles, tips, webinar previews, and unpublished closeout discounts that we negotiate direct for our members. You will be sent a verification email to respond to