Author Topic: Forex news/market clock indicator  (Read 10525 times)

Offline deVries

• Reputation Power: 65
  • deVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster guru
  • Phoenix: Mythical Bird Rising
    • Awards
Re: Forex news/market clock indicator
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:46 pm »
hello deVries,

thank you for this very smart and useful indicator !
It works quite fine on my system.
If I may suggest , it would be great to implement in a future version an e-mail alert function.   
Maybe I am dreaming  :) but I am confident in your skills and availability.

kind regards
Max

Yes, it is possible for me to make it that it can select a specific newsevent....
and so it would be possible to make for getting  allerted some time before it come...

Offline maxmax

• Reputation Power: 0
  • maxmax green
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:02 am »
hello deVries,

fantastic !
would it be possible to filter the mail-alerts of events by currency (e.g, AUD or EUR etc etc) , impact level (low-medium- high) and  eventually also by one key word contained in the event new (e.g. interest or rate , etc etc).

Looking forward  to test this great "upgraded" version  :)

regards
Max

Offline deVries

• deVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster gurudeVries grandmaster guru
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 09:47:20 am »
hello deVries,

fantastic !
would it be possible to filter the mail-alerts of events by currency (e.g, AUD or EUR etc etc) , impact level (low-medium- high) and  eventually also by one key word contained in the event new (e.g. interest or rate , etc etc).

Looking forward  to test this great "upgraded" version  :)

regards
Max

I have done a job in mql5 where it was needed to select a specific event to trade but do I now needed to give everyone something like this for free...    I said only it is possible for me to make it....

Offline maxmax

• maxmax green
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »
I have done a job in mql5 where it was needed to select a specific event to trade but do I now needed to give everyone something like this for free...    I said only it is possible for me to make it....

ok deVries, sorry for the misunderstanding,  please feel free to share what you deem more appropriate.

thank you !

Offline glabbeek

• glabbeek green
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:30 am »
First of all I love this indicator. It is very ellaborate and covers just about every angle for a news trader.

So far I've been trading news events using the expert advisor that I wrote. In short it will enter the market seconds after the news flash and ride the initial direction. The EA has a few parameters, one of which is the date and time of the expect news.

What I would like to try is to incorperate the "Forex news market clock" into my indicator.

This could be done using the iCustom function.

Code: [Select]
double News_Flash=iCustom(NULL, 0,"forex_news_market_clock_3","Make your selection",Purple,Red,Green,"Choose auto true",true,true,true,true,Gray,Red,Orange,Blue,"select news currencie(s)",true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,"for the clock",0,0,DarkSlateGray,DarkSlateGray,Red,PaleTurquoise,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true, 1, 0);
This always worked for other indicators, but I get an error for the "Forex_News_Market_Clock".

Does anybody know why there is an error, or how to make it work

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:58:15 am by glabbeek »

Offline deVries

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »
First of all I love this indicator. It is very ellaborate and covers just about every angle for a news trader.

So far I've been trading news events using the expert advisor that I wrote. In short it will enter the market seconds after the news flash and ride the initial direction. The EA has a few parameters, one of which is the date and time of the expect news.

What I would like to try is to incorperate the "Forex news market clock" into my indicator.

This could be done using the iCustom function.

Code: [Select]
double News_Flash=iCustom(NULL, 0,"forex_news_market_clock_3","Make your selection",Purple,Red,Green,"Choose auto true",true,true,true,true,Gray,Red,Orange,Blue,"select news currencie(s)",true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,"for the clock",0,0,DarkSlateGray,DarkSlateGray,Red,PaleTurquoise,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true,true, 1, 0);
This always worked for other indicators, but I get an error for the "Forex_News_Market_Clock".

Does anybody know why there is an error, or how to make it work
It says it can't open ex4 file of the indicator you made another version number 3 but that version needs to be compiled without an error to get from the mq4 file a good ex4 file

That buffer is not giving you the time of the moment (big) news is coming or time it has past.  I have downloaded a "SonicR FFCal Headlines"  indicator from forex factory  that indicator has a buffer to get info when news is coming or has past

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:50:20 pm by deVries »

Offline glabbeek

• glabbeek green
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 08:25:20 pm »
Hi DeVries,

You are correct that I refer to indicator version 3 in my EA. This is your original (unmodified) indicator, with a new name. I used MetaEditor to compile it and it is running without errors when plotted in a chart. There it should be no problem to refer to it from within an EA.

Thanks for the tip about the other news indicator. I'll will give the "SonicR FFCal Headlines" indicator a try.

Regards,
Willem-Bram

Offline deVries

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »
Hi DeVries,

Thanks for the tip about the other news indicator. I'll will give the "SonicR FFCal Headlines" indicator a try.

Regards,
Willem-Bram

If you get problems to get it work then show me your attempts and i will get you in the direction for how it can work as you can see in the picture...

Offline nano

• nano green
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 12:02:15 pm »
Hi

It is better Indicator but I in my system both gmt and local time is showing same time, may I know how to solve the problem

Regards
nano

Offline deVries

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 01:04:06 pm »
Hi

It is better Indicator but I in my system both gmt and local time is showing same time, may I know how to solve the problem

Regards
nano
Can't say if it is a problem.  First you haven't said where you live and what timezone that has to be...   Also I don't know if your PC time is showing your local time...
Then you haven't told about what indicator you are talking now...
Is it the one you have downloaded here from post one ??

* Recent Posts

Re: Dedicated server anyone? by JJ-FX
[Today at 06:01:22 pm]

Re: Dedicated server anyone? by forexfish
[Today at 05:58:22 pm]

Re: Rev Trader Pro by TradeNow
[Today at 05:39:14 pm]

Re: Dedicated server anyone? by 999cjb
[Today at 05:37:36 pm]

Re: FX Monetizer by tamarin trust
[Today at 05:14:35 pm]

Re: Rev Trader Pro by tamarin trust
[Today at 05:10:57 pm]

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter... (we do not send out those spammy email ads, I promise!)